Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Provo Today, MTC Tomorrow!

Oh hej!

Well, this is my last post (and second post ever, wahaha. I'm so dedicated to blogging!) before I report to the MTC tomorrow (ahh! I'm so excited!). It has been a crazy hectic awesome week. My mom and I were at the mall and/or Walmart every. single. day. I never want to hear the word shop again! Anyways, we got into Utah yesterday and are staying with Grammy & Grampy McBride.

I feel ready to go! We stocked up today on vital items such as nail polish, an alarm clock, and anti-diarrhea pills. You know what they say, if ye are prepared ye shall not fear! You know you're in Utah when the Walmart worker says "Can I help you with anything sisters?" My worst fear in high school was that I would accidentally call one of my teachers sister or brother instead of mrs or mr. At least in Utah everyone knows what you're talking about! (Missionary moment 'cause not all my friends are Mormon - in the LDS church we refer to other church members as Brother or Sister because we're all brothers and sisters in Christ!)

See what I did there? Sharing the gospel one day at a time. ;)

Anywho, I am so so excited to serve a mission. I can't believe it's already been six months since I got my mission call, and I'm grateful I had that time to prepare. Haha ok let's be honest, I procrastinated pretty much everything until the last three weeks. Thanks for shopping like crazy with me Mom!

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives and atoned for my sins. I am so grateful for my family and I know that we can be together forever someday! I know that serving a mission is what Heavenly Father wants me to do and that He will take care of me and my family while I am gone. I'm going out to serve the Lord and I can't wait to share the gospel with the people I meet! Jeg elsker Denmark!  (there's a little Danish flag for ya)


Sister Barrett & Madre


Sister B & Papito at 5 in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment