Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Go big or go home... or both!

Well, I'm not sure what will be happening next Monday so I think this will probably be the last big note home of my mission. OH MY the time has just flown!

I don't really know what to say - there have been so many miracles, struggles, high points, low points, and everything in between that I can't really sum it up in any other way than to just bear my testimony.

I know that living the gospel of Jesus Christ is the best way to achieve happiness in this life as well as the life to come. It's not just words on a page or an idea in a book - it is fixing things that are broken, seeing the good in others and yourself and improving upon it, learning to love and be loved, finding opportunities to do simple acts of service, following God's commandments, and holding on to hope and faith whether circumstances are good or bad. And so much more. If you want to dive deep into the doctrine, you can, but the simple truths of Jesus Christ's teachings are simple enough for a child to understand. I know that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I used to think the word disciple must mean you're a perfect person, but a disciple is a student and a follower. Anyone can follow Jesus Christ. The more we learn about Him, the closer we want to be to Him, and the more we want to do exactly what He has asked us to do. Talking about it isn't enough, and thinking about it isn't enough - we have to get out there and do things! So get out there and find a way to help someone else! It's pretty amazing how when you forget yourself and go to work, the good you do comes back to bless you so much more than you'd ever expected. :)

I love you all! Thank you for your support and love my whole mission long, and thank you for the examples you have been to me. Life is good. Happiness is a choice. Answers to life's questions are found through scripture STUDY (not just reading! even though it's easier that way!), sincere prayer, and paying attention in church.

Denmark is the greatest country in the world! It breaks my heart to leave it - I love these people so much! But onward and upward. We'll all see each other again someday. :)

Ha' det godt! Vi ses!


(Note from Hannah's mom: Hannah sent that note to friends and family, and then sent one more note to her dad, that I thought you might like to see, too. One more week until she is home!) 


Hello hello!

Miracles WILL happen. I'm running to the finish line, not walking!

this is going to be really short - you can hear what I've been up to in like a week. ;)

But everything is going SO well. I had a really neat blessing a few days ago from President Sederholm and I am going full steam ahead. We have a lot to do this week and a lot of people to take care of (and meet!), and it's all going to go well. I'm trying to stay current in my journal because these are days never to be forgotten! It's hard to keep things in an eternal perspective - the natural sister Barrett in me is saying "this is hard! I am tired! I want to sleep!" but I have to keep reminding myself that I'll NEVER be able to come back to this. So I  need to love and serve as much as I can.

I love the work! I love you all SO MUCH. Have a great week! I'll probably write you a little note next week one more time, but until then, keep on moving forward! Keep being amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the support and love. And for helping me to not be trunky by not talking about home too much.

See you on the other side! Love you!

Love,
Sister Barrett


No comments:

Post a Comment