Tuesday, December 17, 2013

One Week Until Christmas


My week has been good!  It's actually not that cold here. I haven't even been wearing my coat, just a jacket! Apparently this is the warmest winter they've had in a while, and we haven't had a bit of snow! But I think if it snowed, we would take the bus instead of riding bikes until the roads cleared off. 


And... transfers! This week is transfers and...We're both staying here!! Søster Nuttall is finishing her mission here in Aalborg. And then I will get a new companion, ahhh! I'm going to miss Søster Nuttall so much. She's the best.
 
Min kammerat og jeg
Last night we got to travel up to Frederikshavn and sing in their Christmas concert! It was so cute. We sang with the ward's choir, and the choir director also directs an old person choir in the community, so they sang too. It. was. the. best. Picture 8 or 9 half-deaf old Danish men blasting Christmas songs at the top of their lungs, and then 20 or 30 old women doing the same thing. Oh it was so sweet and fun to hear!
 
This week we went and visited one of our investigators and baked vaniljekranse with her! They're a kind of cookie. They're really, really good. And fun to make! You have to shape the dough in what kind of looks like a meat grinder or a play-dough shaper thing, then cut it into pieces and hook the ends together to make a circle. She also fed us ris' a la mande... heaven! My favorite Christmas food!

At Jensens Bøfhus at a district activity  
 
On Thursday we went up to Frederikshavn to practice for the choir concert, and just at the end of our train ride this man sitting across from Søster Nuttall and I, out of the blue, asked "are you Christians?"
 
And on Friday night we were asked by a less-active woman to come help move her daughter into a new apartment... it was an awesome missionary moment! Her daughter (who I think is 18 or 19) had a bunch of friends over to help too, and they all asked us questions about the church, what we believe, and why we would come and help someone move for free (maybe I should add that her new apartment was on the very top floor of a six-story apartment... go us!). 

At Jensens Bøfhus - Great Steak!

One of her friends was this really cute 18-year-old girl whose questions were very genuine.  We got to hear our testimonies about why the church means so much to us, and we gave her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet.  The Elders also invited her to a church open house/tour we're doing on Tuesday this week, and I really hope she comes!!!

Elder Crank's Hoop Dance
Ahhhh ok Mom I will come back and finish this email! We just got a call from on of our members, who just got reactivated and she isn't having a good day and she asked us to come over. So we're going up to visit her, and when we're done we'll come back for our last hour of emailing. I love you!!! I will talk to you soon!


Ok! I am back! And it's so dark outside, bleh! It's ok - only 5 more days, and then it will start getting lighter again! ;) And did you get the package I sent?  And Sister Hansen from the office (a senior missionary) called today and said I have a lot of mail and a package at the office so... woohoo! Hopefully I get them soon! :)

Anyways, thank you thank you thank you! I love you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment