Monday, January 6, 2014

The Big Week in Review!


The big week in review:

We had an awesome New Years! We went to a member's house and had a really fancy dinner (with an appetizer and everything!). I would like the whole world to know that I have officially eaten raw fish and it wasn't that bad. But I did make Søster Nuttall finish mine for me when no one was looking. ;) 

Søster Nuttall, Elder Horrocks, Søster Barrett

Then we sat around and played games and chit chatted until a little before midnight. We also saw the Queen's speech, which she gives every year on New Years Eve! 

Then right at midnight, we had a toast to the new year (don't worry! No alcohol!), and we went outside to see the fireworks. Let me tell ya, the Danes love fireworks! It was CRAZY. People were letting off fireworks everywhere, and not just the little sparklers, but real, huge fireworks up in the air! All over the city!! It sounded like we were in a war zone. Oh man, it was so fun!! 

Søster Nuttall and Elders


Then we got driven home, and slept until nine the next day (this was all approved by the president, I would just like to say!), and cleaned the apartment. 

That night we had an appointment with Henrik and Inga (who we skyped with on Christmas) and it was super spiritual. Inga decided that she will be baptized on the 25th of this month!!!! I get to be here for her baptism! It's so exciting, and I just can't believe it's really happening. We still have a little bit left to cover in the lessons, but I know it will all go well!

Other than that, we've been trying to get my bike fixed (we took it in to the bike repairman and he fixed the chain, but it's still not working!), and doing a lot to get Søster Nuttall ready to go home. We're heading down to Copenhagen tomorrow!! I can't believe she's leaving, it feels like we just started being companions yesterday. I'll miss her a lot. She gets home to Idaho at 10 at night and she just found out that she won't get released until 6 pm the next day! Ahhhahaha I feel bad for her, but it's also pretty funny. She'll be home, but she still won't be able to listen to music or get on facebook or any of that!

Castle with statue

I get my new companion on Wednesday, and I'm not sure what's happening, but I think President Sederholm forgot to call me to tell me who my companion will be! My district leader Elder Crank thought he had told us, because President Sederhom told him, so he told the rest of the district (myself included, I know who my new companion is but not officially!), and it's just a funny, awkward situation. I'm excited though! It will be an adventure!

The pictures this week are a sweet shot of Søster Nuttall and some of the Elders being awesome, Søster Nuttall and I with Elder Horrocks, an elder in the district who's pretty cool, and a cute little castle that we walk by sometimes! don't ask me why the man in the statue looks either super depressed or insane. If it were my castle, I wouldn't put depressing artwork like that in my front lawn, but to each his own!

I love you all lots and I hope you have a great week! I miss you but I'm having tons of fun out here and I can't wait to tell you how it all goes with my new companion! Happy New Year!!

Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the statue is like a gargoyle - keeping watch on the castle!

    Congratulations on the baptism! What an exciting step for your investigator!!

    ReplyDelete