Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Westward Ho! To Oregon!


Søster Hale, Søster Barrett, and Søster Grant
So, my companions and I got reassigned... TO EUGENE OREGON! And, surprise surprise, we're still in the Provo MTC! Our flight leaves tomorrow. We're getting all packed up and we said our goodbyes to the Elders (most of them are reassigned to Washington and two are reassigned to Phoenix, Arizona - also one got his visa and is already in Denmark!) last night. It was definitely sad, but we'll see them again!

The whole Danish Missionary Group, plus one Elder from Denmark (Elder Held in the back row with a red tie) who is going to Sweden


We are so excited! I AM SO EXCITED! I love Oregon. I used to live there and I still have family there. It's going to be a great experience and I know that I will be there for a reason.

All of us with our teacher Sister Taylor, who just got home from her mission to Denmark in July

This is a quick blog post - I have so much to do! And actually, from here on out all my posts will be pretty short most likely. Bummer! But hey, ya know I'll be working hard! :)

Our whole zone.

I just wanted to finish with a sweet little miracle/tender mercy. I think I have mentioned before that President Nally (the MTC President) used to be Stake President in Rapid City. This may sound silly, but ever since I found that out I may or may not have been praying that I could meet him before we left the MTC. I thought it would be really awesome to be able to tell him I'm from Rapid City too! By this last Sunday I had pretty much accepted that it wouldn't happen, since we were leaving in 3 days. But yesterday, while my companions and I were in the bookstore, I turned around and saw... President Nally and his wife! I was SO. EXCITED. We shook their hands, and when President Nally asked where we were all from and I told him I came from Rapid City, their expressions were priceless (I'm sure mine was too - I probably looked like I had just won a million dollars). We were all so excited! It was definitely a cute little answer to a prayer, and it reminded me that miracles do happen! And that Heavenly Father hears even the small things we hope and pray for.

All of the Sisters in our Zone

I hope everyone is having a great week! I hope the people of Eugene are ready for me! :)

Vi ses!


ps - one more photo
another successful facial Friday.  This time we got some of the Swedish Elders involved.








1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of you Hannah !! This blog is wonderful !! We can keep in touch with you while you are serving ! Love you !!! Grandpa- grandma B.

    ReplyDelete