Monday, April 28, 2014

Fløde Ketoffler and Hollansk Waffles




Easter sounds like it was wonderful! Sydney made a strawberry pie? that is awesome! I told my companion about the bunny rolls you  make, and we thought about getting the recipe from you to try it but then we decided it would take too much time. ;) Oh well! 

Did you know in Denmark there is an Easter Bunny AND and Easter Chicken!

Us with S (the coolest girl eva!) and some really cute baby chicks! (this was at our Mission leader's house)
We didn't have anything super fancy happen on Easter Sunday, but Sister McVey and I did go and sing easter hymns on a park bench for a little while! It was totally terrifying - and I'm pretty sure some people laughed at us - but there was a family that sat down at a picnic table close by and could hear us singing. They didn't leave, so we took it as a sign that we didn't sound too bad. ;) 

On Saturday night we ate with our ward mission leader and his family, and I found out that they found my blog last week! How funny and great is that? Now I better watch out when I talk about Odense, since I know people who live here will be reading what I say. ;) Just kidding!! 


But I won't be talking about Odense much longer because yesterday I found out that next Monday, I'll be transferring! Ahhh it's breaking my heart to leave! I love it here and I love all the people we work with. I've made so many good friends and I kind of assumed/counted on staying here! But the Lord has a plan and I am very happy to follow it. :) 

I'll give you 3 guesses to where I'm going.

1. It's on Sjælland. (go look on a map!)
2. It's the biggest city in Denmark.
3. It also happens to be the capital of Denmark.




I'm going to COPENHAGEN! 

Well, to be specific the area is the Frederiksberg area, which is the suburb of Copenhagen where the mission office is located, but it includes downtown Copenhagen! So I am very very excited. From what I've heard it's a great area, and when Sister Hale was there she carried a guitar around on the s-togs (like the metro or the subway) and sang songs - and it got alot of people to talk to her! So I think I'll copy her with my ukulele. :) It'll be fun! 


But I was thinking, would it be possible for you to send me some ukulele music/a print-out of all of the ukulele chords? I used to just be able to look it up online, but now, as you know, I can't! And I can only play one or two songs by memory now, so I need to work on that! 

Søster B and Søster McV at the Hans Christian Anderson home
That also reminds me - I just asked President last week, and it turns out I am not actually allowed to look at the blog. Woopsies! My bad!! So I won't be doing that anymore. Lesson learned: Don't go by word-of-mouth exceptions to the rules! Make sure you hear them from the original source!

And I haven't gotten your easter package yet, but I will next week when I get into Frederiksberg. So woohoo! 2 Easters for me! Did you get my Easter package yet? It should get there soon! Along with a postcard for Emily for her birthday.


This week has been so great. We did a lot of fun Easter contacting (that awkward moment when you ask someone what Easter means to them and their response is "absolutely nothing!" - what do you say to that? Hahaha!). It gave us the chance to bear our testimonies of Jesus Christ and hopefully the people we talked to will remember that. 

Sister McVey and I with the fløde ketoffler we made!
There is a sweet older woman in our ward who made Easter gifts for us to give to the people we work with, so we went around and dropped off Easter eggs as well! Easter is 2 days long in Denmark, so we were still able to give away Easter gifts yesterday - to the H family, who were really cute about it. We told the kids that they couldn't get their easter gifts unless they participated in our lesson, which of course made them very eager to listen and answer our questions, and then they were really cute about saying thank you and sharing the candy with their parents - which I don't know if I would have done. ;) sorry!

This is us with some Hollansk Waffles
The B family is letting us teach them! C & C, the two daughters, are almost 8 and almost 10 and before we started becoming good friends with them they weren't really thinking about being baptized, but their mom told us yesterday that the youngest said she wants to be baptized when she turns 8! We were SO EXCITED to hear that! 

I really hope it all goes well because I am going to really miss going to visit them. C & C let me play barbies with them (it's been a long time!) and we're all just really good friends. We're definitely going to stay in touch! 

Anyways It has been a great week! A lot better than last week, because I decided to stop whimping around and start choosing to be happy no matter what. :) things go a lot better that way! 

Plus it seemed like a lot of people we met with shared with us why God is so important to them, which was a tender mercy to me because I was starting to worry no one felt like they needed God anymore. :) But of course we all do! 

This week we have an appointment with the B family again, as well as a lot of members we want to stop by (we'll be baking lots of cookies! woo woo!). And then I'll be packing up again and transferring away from this lovely city! Ahh it is so bittersweet! 
Søster McVey and I doing some epic walking down a cobblestone street.

It's amazing how close I feel I got to the ward here - I made some really good friends who are my age or close to it, who I hope I can stay in contact with - in just 6 weeks. I love being here! And I am excited to see what will happen in this last week here in Odense.

I hope this week is great! 
Love,
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment